Dock Widgetop with Fluid (Mac OS X only)
Quite a while ago we showed you how to integrate the Widgetop webtop into your Windows desktop or your Linux desktop with the help of Mozillas Prism platform. While you can use Prism to add Widgetop to your Mac there is a much better alternative – Fluid. Its current version is much better integrated into the Mac desktop then Prism (but requires Leopard though).
Just download Fluid, run it and create a new entry for Widgetop. You will get:
- A link to Widgetop in your Programs folder.
- Run it and you will see the Widgetop icon appear in the dock like any other Mac application. Just login to your desktop (or create a new account) and your Widgetop desktop is just a click away.
- By choosing Convert to Embedded SSB from the Widgetop menu you can even put your widgets on the Mac desktop itself.
- In addition to your own Widgetop desktop you can run one or many of the shared desktops from http://www.widgetop.com/shared.html. Just give them a distinct icon for better differentiation.
- If you want to use better icon you can download and use this: