Despite the large number of widgets in our widget gallery it might happen that you can’t find the widget which does what you have been looking for. There is no need to give up then you have several options:
- Check if one of our generic widgets like the RSS widget for news feeds, the Picture Frame widget for images, web cams or weather radars might do the job.
- Check the Google Gadget directory if there is a Google Gadget which does what you look for. Adding Google Gadgets to your Widgetop desktop is very easy.
- With the help of our Universal widget you can easily turn content from almost any web page into a widget. Just type the URL, scroll to the part of the page you want to watch, adapt the size and lock the widget. It can even auto-refresh it’s content.
- Check Apples Dashboard widget catalog if you can find what you want there. If that widget isn’t available on Widgetop ask the widget author to upload his widget to Widgetop or tell us and we will do it.
- Last but not least, consider creating your own Dashboard widget. It’s easier than you might think and there are great tools like Apples DashCode: Easy to use and filled with rich and customizable widget templates, so you don’t have to be a programmer. Make sure you register as a developer on Widgetop and upload your great new widget so that other users can see and use it. If we find it as useful as you there is a good chance that it will be promoted as one of our featured widgets.