Today is the RSS Awareness Day. Don’t miss one of our RSS feeds:
Archive for the ‘Syndication’ category
Tap the Add Widget Icon then click the new RSS Icon to open the new Add News Feeds page:
Same as on the desktop version you can search for feeds by keyword or add feeds by their URL.
Categories: Ajax, Apple, Dashboard Widget, feed, Google, HowTo, iphone, iPod Touch, Mobile, mobile phone, New Feature, Nokia, rss, s60, Safari, Site Announcements, symbian, Syndication, Tips, Web 2.0, Web Desktop
Tags: dashboard, feed, iphone, iPod Touch, itouch, Mobile, News, Nokia, rss, symbian, web2.0, webtop, Widget, Widgetop
Comments: 1 Comment
There is lots of valuable information available as RSS feeds. Therefore we decided to make the adding of news feeds to the widgetop desktop a lot easier. Just open Add Widget and go to the new RSS Feeds tab:
Here you can either:
- enter the URL of a RSS feed
- enter the URL of a web site which feed you want to subscribe
- search for feeds by keyword
This will add the new RSS Feed widget with the selected feed to your desktop:
Categories: Ajax, Apple, Dashboard Widget, feed, Firefox, Google, HowTo, New Feature, News, Opera, rss, Safari, Site Announcements, Syndication, Web 2.0, Web Desktop, Widget
Tags: dashboard, feed, News, rss, web2.0, webtop, Widget, Widgetop
Comments: 3 Comments
You might have seen the new Desktops and Sharing menus already:
We are happy to announce that we added a new feature to Widgetop. Now you can share your desktop and let your friends or even anybody else access it and see your widgets. Of course your settings are safe because a shared desktop can’t be modified by the viewers, only by yourself.
How to share your desktop:
- You need to sign in to your desktop (or create an account if you don’t have already) because you can only share your personal desktop.
- Click the Sharing menu (with you current sharing status) and click the Share button.
- Enter the title, the description and whether you want to share your desktop privately or publicly. A public desktop is included in our desktops directory and can be found by searching for title and description. A private desktop is only accessible by knowing its unique desktop id. and can be further protected by an optional password.
- Press Save and you can see the links to your shared page on the overview screen.
A shared desktop can be opened read only by this URL:
or as the modifiable start desktop by this URL:
Here is the URL of the default desktop (desktop_id = default):
By clicking the Desktops menu you can open the directory of publically shared pages:
Similar to our widgets gallery you can find the newest and most popular desktops, access them alphabetically by title or search them by title and description.
Happy Sharing and impress us and all other Widgetop users with your widget desktops!
Categories: Ajax, Apple, Dashboard Widget, Firefox, HowTo, Mozilla, New Feature, News, Opera, Sharing, Site Announcements, Syndication, Web 2.0, Web Desktop, Widget
Tags: Ajax, Apple, dashboard, Dashboard Widget, desktop, desktop sharing, Sharing, web2.0, webos, webtop, Widget, widgets
Comments: 1 Comment